Here is another thread about online tools for supporting research and scholarship, this one on the Second Life Research Listserv.
One of the tools mentioned below is Tinderbox and merits examination. I've already noted Zotero in an earlier post and, as the person in this thread says, it is very useful.
- Hi all, I'm curious if any Mac users are using specific software for their research; I'm thinking about both research/bibliography software and information managers. I've been casually looking at programs such as Sente and DevonThink. Any opinions?
- For grabbing and organizing research information and for generating bibliographies, the free Zotero extension for Firefox is quite nice. I disable it when I don't need it, though, as it seems to slow the browser down a bit at times.
http://www.zotero.org/
- www.diigo.com is worth a try, contact doug mauger in vancouver to get all the good news about it
- I use devonthink pro-office more for archiving and searching than for research current numbers are over 22000 live searchable documents and 1400 keywords and categories. here are some screenshots of how i use it http://pictures.tmttlt.com/main.php?g2_itemId=23248 . I use bookends for bibliographic data and notes. in terms of information managers that could do all of these, i'd say tinderbox, but i stopped paying for annual subscriptions. jeremy hunsinger www.tmttlt.com
No comments:
Post a Comment